Assistant Professor, Finance / International Business / Marketing / Management job with HONG KONG METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY (HKMU)
Hong Kong Metropolitan University (HKMU), formerly The Open University of Hong Kong, is a modern, vibrant and dynamic university. We use innovative teaching and education technology to deliver world-class education. The University also pursues strategic research in response to the needs of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao (GBA) Greater Bay Area, the rest of the country, and the world.
To lead the development of higher education in the GBA, HKMU has worked closely with the Zhaoqing Municipal Government and Zhaoqing University to establish the Metropolitan University of Hong Kong (Zhaoqing) (MUZQ), pending the approval from the Ministry of Education.
For more information about the University, please visit https://www.hkmu.edu.hk.
We are now inviting suitable candidate(s) to join us at the Lee ShauKee School of Business and Administration for the following position(s):
Assistant Professor (Finance/ International Trade/ Marketing/ Management)
Main tasks and responsibilities
Reporting to the Dean of the Lee ShauKee School of Business and Administration, the appointee will be primarily responsible for the following:
- Develop and administer the school’s program(s) and extracurricular activities;
- Coach and supervise staff to enhance student experience and service excellence;
- Undertake teaching activities, including lesson planning, course delivery and coordination;
- Engage in academic/professional activities;
- Participate in school/university activities and administration; and
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Dean (B&A) or his nominee(s).
Applicants must possess the following qualifications, experience and skills:
- A doctorate obtained in a relevant discipline and a professional qualification in relevant subjects / fields;
- Substantial relevant teaching/professional experience
- Academic background and outstanding achievements
- Demonstrated academic leadership and contributions to higher education
- High level of competence in teaching and supervising postgraduate students
- Substantial contribution through effective innovation in education delivery, curriculum development, course design and teaching/learning methodologies
- Strong record of peer-reviewed scholarly research and publications in prestigious outlets
- Good achievements in obtaining external competitive research grants
- Substantial achievements in knowledge transfer
- Substantial contribution to the University, the profession and the community
- Strong communication skills and ability to use English as the language of instruction.
To note: Candidates with less experience/record in teaching and research, or scholarly publishing may be considered for appointment as a senior lecturer.
Terms of appointment
An attractive compensation package, including base salary, blended cash/housing allowance, termination indemnity and discretionary bonus, if applicable, will be offered to the right candidates. Generous annual leave, staff development sponsorships, medical and dental benefits and life insurance will also be provided.
Candidates interested in joining us can submit their application through the University’s online recruitment system.
Application deadline: May 3, 2022
The personal data collected will be used in the context of considering your job application. For more details, please see the “Personal Data (Privacy) Notice for Job Applicants” on the University website. If you are not contacted by the University within eight weeks of the closing date for applications, you can assume that your application has not been successful.